[Libvirt-cim] Extra param in the provider query gives output.

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 3 19:39:47 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am able to get valid output when I query the providers with the fields
> other than the key fields.
>
> For ex:
> wbemcli ai -ac Xen_SettingsDefineState
> 'http://root:P@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_Processor.CreationClassName="Xen_Processor",SystemName="Domain-0",DeviceID="Domain-0/0",SystemCreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",*virtinvalid="Xen"*'

wbemcli allows properties to specified along with the reference for
certain queries.

> In the above query I supplied invalid parameter *virtinvalid="Xen"
> *which is not part of the key fields for querying the provider.
> I think we should be checking our providers to take only the required
> key fields.

We don't currently support property validation in any of the providers.
   You can try a similar query with GetInstance:

wbemcli gi
'http://root:P@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_Processor.CreationClassName="Xen_Processor",SystemName="Domain-0",DeviceID="Domain-0/0",SystemCreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",virtinvalid="Xen"'

We should be returning the instance that not only matches the keys
specified, but the properties as well.  In this case, the query will
return an instance even though the virtinvalid property doesn't exist.

This is something we'll want to fix in the future.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com