[Libvirt-cim] make postinstall error

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 31 16:40:19 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I see the following postinstall error:
>
> Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class
> Xen_ResourceAllocationSettingData to the repository:
> CIM_ERR_CLASS_HAS_CHILDREN: Xen_ResourceAllocationSettingData
>
> Here is the description and the probable solution for it:
>
> CIM_ERR_CLASS_HAS_CHILDREN
>

> I tried modifying the mof file, Makefile but nothing worked.
> I also made sure there were no RASD subclasses like DiskRASD and alike
> before postinstall as suggested above, but nothing worked.
> Can you suggest how and why we could be facing this error.

This is caused by the way the providers are unregistered is handled in
"make preuninstall".

The RASDs are defined in on mof / registration file.  So when the RASD
classes are registered, <>_ResourceAllocationSettingData gets registered
before <>_ProcResourceAllocationSettingData (etc).

When the providers are unregistered, <>_ResourceAllocationSettingData is
unregistered first because it's first in the mof file.  However, it
can't be unregistered because <>_ProcResourceAllocationSettingData (etc)
are still registered, so it gets left behind.

The next time you go to post install, <>_ResourceAllocationSettingData
is already there because it wasn't cleaned up properly beforehand.

There's an ugly way to handle this in the Makefile.  I'll see if I can
come up with a cleaner way to do this and then submit a patch.
--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com