[Libvirt-cim] Re: Fw: [TEST] Test failure summary for Xen/XenFV with and without sblim base providers with current resource

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 11 20:00:48 UTC 2008

>  >
> The Host* related tests fails because that I get none when enumerate
> HostSystem with sblim base provider installed.
> Below query return NULL to me.
> wbemcli ein http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_HostSystem
>
> Here is the output when I debug HostSystem - 01_enum.py test case.
> Virt_HostSystem.c(164): SBLIM: Returned instance
> misc_util.c(72): Connecting to libvirt with uri `xen'
> misc_util.c(199): URI of connection is: xen:///
> Virt_HostSystem.c(164): SBLIM: Returned instance
>
> I will continue to look into this, please let me know if you know more
> about it.
>
> Thanks!

This is the intended behavior.  The HosySystem class is just a
placeholder - if the guest has the SBLIM providers installed, then the
proper class to represent the host is Linux_ComputerSystem (this is the
SBLIM provider that represents the "base" or host system).

We don't want the HostSystem provider to return anything in this case,
because there's no need for a placeholder.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com