[Libvirt-cim] Re: Fw: [TEST] Test failure summary for Xen/XenFV with and without sblim base providers with current resource

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Sep 22 20:49:53 UTC 2008

My apologies for not responding to this on Friday.

>  >
>  > I'd do the following:
>  >
>  > 1) HostSystem:  01_enum.py  - Enum Linux_ComputerSystem - if this call
>  > returns an instance, then the enum of HostSystem shouldn't return any
>  > instances.  Otherwise, you should get back a HostSystem instance.
>
>   Which namespace does Linux_ComputerSystem live in? The enum of
> Linux_ComputerSystem
>   return NULL:
>
>  [root at elm** ~]# wbemcli ein
> http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Linux_ComputerSystem
> *
> * wbemcli: Cim: (5) CIM_ERR_INVALID_CLASS: Linux_ComputerSystem
> *

root/virt is the namespace of the libvirt-cim providers.  The SBLIM
providers live in root/cimv2

>  Since the namespace of Linux_ComputerSystem is different from the
> others, how to set
>  CIM_NS twice in one test case? That is to say, I have to set CIM_NS as
> /root/virt when I enum
>  HostSystem, then the namespace have to be set others when I enum
> Linux_ComputerSystem in
>  one test case.

This is very similar to what we have to do for the ECTP test cases -
RegisteredProfile lives in root/interop, while ComputerSystem lives in
root/virt.

I'd take a look at those test cases for ideas on how to handle multiple
namespaces in one test.