[Libvirt-cim] HostedDependency Query

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Sep 29 10:24:33 UTC 2008

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to execute the following query with the
>> sblim-base-provider installed.
>>
>> wbemcli ain -ac Xen_HostedDependency
>> 'http://root:P@localhost:5988/root/virt:Linux_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="Linux_ComputerSystem",Name="3b217"'
>>

>> I was not able to get any records for the above query.
>> I was not sure if this is a known issue and the provider does not
>> return any info for the above query yet.
>> The provider version on the machine is 688.
>
> The associations don't currently support SBLIM instances as
> references.  This is something that will need to be added in the
> future.  However, the other directory of this association should
> work:  If you query with a CS instance, you should get back a Linux_CS
> instance.
yes, querying CS instance gives me Linux_CS instance as below:

wbemcli ain -ac Xen_HostedDependency
'http://root:p@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",Name="domguest"'
localhost:5988/root/virt:Linux_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="Linux_ComputerSystem",Name="3b217"

This has been reflected in the HostedDependency/01_forward.py tc and
this tc will work with/without sblim-base-provider.
If the HostedDependency query with the Linux_CS instance does not return
CS instance yet, then the following test case will fail with the
sblim-base-provider installed.

   1. HostedDependency - 02_reverse.py
   2. HostedDependency - 03_enabledstate.py
   3. HostedDependency - 04_reverse_errs.py

And, also they cannot be fixed till the support to return CS instance
for HostedDependency query with the Linux_CS instance is in.
The libvirt-cim version on the machine is 694.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.