[Libvirt-cim] On SLES 11 with SFCB Xen_HostSystem returns no instances

Medlyn, Dayne (VSL - Ft Collins) dayne.medlyn at hp.com
Thu Apr 23 23:26:37 UTC 2009

Jim,

So you are saying that we should not use Xen_HostSystem and that it cannot be relied on?  I am dealing with existing code that references the Xen_HostSystem successfully on SLES10sp2 with libvirt-cim-0.4.1 installed, which is now broken in SLES 11 with libvirt-cim-0.5.2.  The SLES 10sp2 system is running tog-Pegasus where the SLES 11 system is running SFCB.  I was hoping for compatibility from one release to another.  Perhaps the choice of using Xen_HostSystem was a bad one?

I am trying to determine if I have found a bug in what is included in SLES 11 or if I may be missing some unidentified dependency or configurations.  Thoughts?

Thanks for your insights.

Dayne