[Libvirt-cim] Test Run Summary (Apr 22 2009): KVM on Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) with Pegasus

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 24 14:19:22 UTC 2009

>>   This is a limitation in KVM, there is no Reboot support, basically
>> only shutdown. The only possibility at the moment is a combination of
>> shutdown and restart, which is not 100% similar at the libvirt level
>> which is why I would rather try to get a reboot operation at the QEmu
>> level.
>>   But at the CIM API level maybe "reboot" and "shutdown + restart" are
>>
> I would let the reboot option remain for Xen/XenFV.
> I can use "shutdown + restart" for now in the test case for KVM.

Deepti,

No need to change this in the test case, the test case is supposed to
fail with KVM guest.  That is why it returns an XFAIL instead of a real
FAIL.

>> undistinguishable, in which case it's probably a good idea to implement
>> it this way if the hypervisor support for reboot is not present.
>>
> I believe that the reboot option works for the KVM guests.

libvirt doesn't implement the reboot option for KVM guests.  This is
because QEMU / KVM doesn't support reboot.

So the test case here verifies that you can can ask libvirt-cim to
reboot the guest, and we'll return an error saying the hypervisor /
libvirt doesn't support rebooting.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center