[Libvirt-cim] MigratevirtualSystemToHost reports "unsupported"

Subba Rao, Sandeep M (STSD) sandeep.ms at hp.com
Wed Aug 5 14:29:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

 I'm trying to perform a live move of a domU using libvirt-cim, but I'm receiving a CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED exception.
 I have attached the request and response xmls.

 The same operation when tried through virsh command worked.

 Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

 Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Sandeep

 The following are the details of the 2 machines.

Source Xen host: RHEL 5.3

The virsh comamnd that worked:
virsh migrate --live Copy_Copy_RHEL52VM1 xen:/// xenmigr://15.154.102.20/

Libvirt and libvirt-cim Versions:
[root at RHEL53Xen1 xen]# rpm -qa | grep -i libvirt
libvirt-0.3.3-14.el5
libvirt-devel-0.3.3-14.el5
libvirt-cim-0.5.1-4.el5
libvirt-python-0.3.3-14.el5

RHEL Version:
[root at RHEL53Xen1 xen]# cat /etc/issue
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)
Kernel \r on an \m

Xen Version:
[root at RHEL53Xen1 xen]# rpm -qa | grep xen
xen-3.0.3-80.el5
xen-libs-3.0.3-80.el5
xen-devel-3.0.3-80.el5
kernel-xen-2.6.18-128.el5

Destination Xen host: RHEL 5.2

Libvirt and libvirt-cim Versions:
[root at Rhel52-Xen ~]# rpm -qa | grep libvirt
libvirt-cim-0.4-1
libvirt-0.3.3-7.el5
libvirt-python-0.3.3-7.el5

RHEL Version:
[root at Rhel52-Xen ~]# cat /etc/issue
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)
Kernel \r on an \m

Xen Version:
[root at Rhel52-Xen ~]# rpm -qa | grep xen
xen-libs-3.0.3-64.el5
xen-3.0.3-64.el5
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.18-92.el5
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.el5