[Libvirt-cim] Re: Test Run Summary (Feb 02 2009): Xen on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 Beta (Tikanga) with Pegasus

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 2 09:38:44 UTC 2009

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> Test Run Summary (Feb 02 2009): Xen on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
> release 5.2 Beta (Tikanga) with Pegasus
> Distro: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 Beta (Tikanga)
> Kernel: 2.6.18-88.el5xen
> libvirt: 0.3.3
> Hypervisor: Xen 3.1.0
> CIMOM: Pegasus 2.7.0
> Libvirt-cim revision: 807
> Libvirt-cim changeset: 189cc68a2f5a
> Cimtest revision: 606
> Cimtest changeset: 2ef1704ac586
> FAIL      : 10
> XFAIL     : 1
> SKIP      : 3
> PASS      : 128
> -----------------
> Total     : 142
> FAIL Test Summary:
> ElementConforms - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> HostSystem - 03_hs_to_settdefcap.py: FAIL
SettingsDefineCapabilities - 01_forward.py: FAIL
The above tc fails on the KVM with current sources, these tc fails
because of the new patches. Needs to be fixed.
> KVMRedirectionSAP - 01_enum_KVMredSAP.py: FAIL
The tc passes for KVM but fails for Xen. The guest with the assigned
portnum passed as part of the Graphics tags is not getting assigned and
hence the tc is failing.
This tc fails and needs to be fixed.
> RASD - 01_verify_rasd_fields.py: FAIL

The tc passed when the run manually.
> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 02_host_migrate_type.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 05_migratable_host_errs.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 03_vssdc_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 04_vssdc_rev_errs.py: FAIL

The common thing in the test case is that all these test cases failed to
use vxml.create().

Using the xml from these tests and running the virsh create on the xml
fails with the following error:
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 0
(vkbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.')

Starting the xend/libvirtd might sometimes help, but otherwise the error
goes only when the machine is rebooted.

These tests fail because of this problem intermittently and are not
regular failures.
When I changed cxml.create() to cxml.cim_define() cxml.start() one of
the test VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent/02_reverse.py passed.
Using cim_define() and cim.start() should help and fix the tests.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Deepti B. Kalakeri
deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com