[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

U Gopalakrishnan ugopalak at in.ibm.com
Tue Jan 20 10:25:05 UTC 2009

I did a clean install of Pegasus 2.7.0-2 that is shipped with RHEL 5.2 and
followed the libvirt wiki
installation instructions, still see the CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS error
during the post install step.

Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class Xen_HostedResourcePool to
the repository: CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: CIM_HostedResourcePool

I still don't see CIM_HostedResourcePool in root/cimv2 namespace but it is
present in root/virt namespace. I see CIM_SystemComponent class in both
namespaces.

Here is relevant output

# ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes | grep
CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedStoragePool.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent

# ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#virt/classes | grep
CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_HostedResourcePool.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent

I have captured output form make install and make postinstall. I didn't
notice any thing wrong in the make install output, let me know if you want
to take a look.

Thanks
Gopal

Kaitlin Rupert <kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Sent by: libvirt-cim-bounces at redhat.com
01/19/2009 20:58
Please respond to
List for discussion and development of libvirt CIM
<libvirt-cim at redhat.com>

List for discussion and development of libvirt CIM
<libvirt-cim at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of
installing libvirt-cim

U Gopalakrishnan wrote:

>  > Oh! I am not sure why Pegasus 2.8.0-1 is not working.
>  > Since Kaitlin was able to work with tog-pegasus-2.7.0-1 version and
you
>  > are finding problems with the Pegasus 2.8.0-1 can you try to install
the
>  > Pegasus 2.7.0-1 and try.

The make preinstall step will add CIM_HostedResourcePool to the
root/cimv2 namespace.

CIM_HostedResourcePool is a subclass of CIM_SystemComponent, so
CIM_SystemComponent needs to be present in the repository before
CIM_HostedResourcePool can be added.

Gopal, after rebuilding the Pegasus repository, have you tried running
"make preinstall" again?

After "make preinstall", be sure to restart Pegasus before running "make
install" and "make postinstall"

> I could manage to get only pegasus 2.7.0-2 source. I built it and
> installed,
> but still don't see CIM_HostedResourcePool class in root/cimv2 namespace
:(

> Do you think there could be difference between 2.7.0-2 and 2.7.0-1 that
> could be breaking us?

I don't think there should be much difference between the versions.

> Also do you have a 2.7.0-1 binary/source rpm or source zip?

I am using the Pegasus rpm from the RedHat 5.2 iso.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com