[Libvirt-cim] Attention webmaster: please expand acronyms in http://libvirt.org/CIM/.

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 22 20:11:46 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the list!

Adam Richter wrote:
> The "what is libvirt-cim" page at http://libvirt.org/CIM/ contains numerous unexpanded acronyms.  Usuaully, a "what is" web page is likely to be used by people with less subject matter expertise
 > than other web pages on a topic, so it is especially important to
> expand acronyms in such web pages.  In this case, the current text is quite
terse, so there is plenty of space to expand the acronyms.

Thanks for catching this.  I agree - the explanation on the site assumes
some familiarity with CIM concepts.

> What is libvirt-cim?
>
> Libvirt-CIM is a CIM (Common Information Model) provider for managing
> linux virtualization platforms using libvirt. It is written in C and
> should work in any CIMOM (CIM Object Manager) that supports CMPI
> (Common Management Programming Inferface) 2.0 providers. The intent is
> to implement the SVPC (Systems Virtualization Partitioning and
> Clustering) class model currently available in the DMTF (Distributed
> Managment Task Force) Experimental 2.16 schema.
>

> This email may inspire suggestions of other improvements for the future.  If that happens, please bear in mind that those suggestions probably will not block your making this text update in the meantime.

All of the documentation on the libvirt-cim portion of the website is
quite out of date. I'll see if I can get an update done in the next few
days here.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

--
Kaitlin Rupert