[Libvirt-cim] Test Run Summary (Mar 09 2009): KVM on Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) with sfcb

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Mar 9 14:21:17 UTC 2009

Guo Lian Yun wrote:

> libvirt-cim-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 2009-03-09 10:45:59:
>

> > libvirt-cim-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 2009-03-09 09:45:08:
> >

> > > =================================================
> > > Test Run Summary (Mar 09 2009): KVM on Fedora release 10
> > (Cambridge)with sfcb
> > > =================================================
> > > Distro: Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)
> > > Kernel: 2.6.27.15-170.2.24.fc10.x86_64
> > > libvirt: 0.4.5
> > > Hypervisor: QEMU 0.9.1
> > > CIMOM: sfcb sfcbd 1.3.3preview
> > > Libvirt-cim revision: 829
> > > Libvirt-cim changeset: 1aff0d0e9bf4
> > > Cimtest revision: 642
> > > Cimtest changeset: 087aaba26589
> > > =================================================
> > > FAIL      : 4
> > > XFAIL     : 3
> > > SKIP      : 5
> > > PASS      : 134
> > > -----------------
> > > Total     : 146
> > > =================================================
> > > FAIL Test Summary:
> > > ElementCapabilities - 03_forward_errs.py: FAIL
> >   I've sent a patch with fix.
> >
> > > ElementConforms - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> >   Same as above.
> >
> > > ElementConforms - 04_ectp_rev_errs.py: FAIL
> >   Same as above.
> >
> > > VirtualSystemManagementService - 05_destroysystem_neg.py: FAIL
>
>     It seems this failure because that the provider has to free the
> nonexistent domain in
>     invoking method DestroySystem.
>
>     Here is the debugger error in sfcb:
>     libvir: Domain error : invalid domain pointer in virDomainFree
>     libvir: QEMU error : Domain not found
>     libvir: Domain error : invalid domain pointer in virDomainFree
Daisy,

The test case is written to verify the DestroySystem() returns an error
when trying to remove non-existing domain
and also when an invalid domain name is passed.
The error statements returned seems to have changed.

For ex:
The err desc for DestroySystem() when non-existing domain is passed was
previously
CIM_ERR_FAILED:Unable to retrieve domain name

is now changed to  CIM_ERR_NOT_FOUND: Unable to retrieve domain name:
Error 0

We need to change the way the error comparison is made.
The comparison stmt like

if err_desc.find(exp_value['desc']) >= 0: does not work, but
if exp_value['desc'] in err_desc: works

--
Thanks and Regards,
Deepti B. Kalakeri