[Libvirt-cim] How does libvirt-CIM

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 31 20:11:20 UTC 2009

Medlyn, Dayne (VSL - Ft Collins) wrote:
> The web page advertises that libvirt-CIM is based on the CIM 2.16 schema.  As we look at the latest libvirt-CIM in the HG repository there are a number of classes that are not in the 2.16 schema but show up in later schemas (2.19.1 and 2.20 experimental), for example CIM_VirtualSystemMigrationCapabilities class.  Can you help me understand what the strategy is relative to the use/implementation of classes not part of the 2.16 schema but now part of current schema?  Are there plans to re-base to a newer version of the CIM schema?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dayne Medlyn

Hi Dayne,

We added these classes before the classes were available in an official
schema. At the time, we wanted to add migration support, but the classes
weren't available yet.

The schema version we are using is quite dated.  We are planning to
update sometime this year.  When we make the jump to a more relevant
schema version, these re-implemented classes will be replaced by the
official versions.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center