[Libvirt-cim] What is the latest version of libvirt-CIM that worked with libvirt-0.3.3?

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 8 21:46:25 UTC 2009

Medlyn, Dayne (VSL - Ft Collins) wrote:
> Thanks Kaitlin,
>
> I guess I assumed that libvirt-cim was highly dependent on the underlying libvirt version, as in it would not build/install with the wrong version of libvirt.
>
>>From what you are saying there is no hard dependency, though I suspect there will be some functionality wholes in libvirt-cim on older versions of libvirt.  This is what I needed to know.

Yes, this is correct.  There are some cases we have to careful of -
older versions of libvirt don't have storage pool support.  This means
that all of the recent storage pool related functionality in libvirt-cim
doesn't work with older versions of libvirt, since older versions of
libvirt doesn't have a notion of a storage pool.

But for the majority of functionality, we work to make the providers as
backward compatible as possible.  And in general, we've tried to do
regular test runs on both upstream versions of libvirt as well as 0.3.3.