[Libvirt-cim] Live move b/w RHEL 5.3 hosts fail through libvirt-cim - xm migrate --live works

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 15 14:42:23 UTC 2009

Subba Rao, Sandeep M (STSD) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to perform a live move of a domU using libvirt-cim. The hosts are RHEL 5.3 hosts with the following:
>
> [root at RHEL53Xen1 tmp]# rpm -q tog-pegasus
> tog-pegasus-2.7.0-2.el5
> [root at RHEL53Xen1 tmp]# rpm -q libvirt-cim
> libvirt-cim-0.5.1-4.el5
> [root at RHEL53Xen1 tmp]# rpm -q sblim-cmpi-base
> sblim-cmpi-base-1.5.5-31.el5
> [root at RHEL53Xen1 tmp]# cat /etc/Pegasus/cimserver_planned.conf  | grep repositoryIsDefaultInstanceProvider
> repositoryIsDefaultInstanceProvider=true
> [root at RHEL53Xen1 tmp]#
>
> The destination host is also an RHEL 5.3 with similar configuration. So, I enabled the libvirt cim log on the source host and following is a excerpt from the log file.
> The log shows the operation failed.
>
> I'm I missing something here. Any help is much appreciated.

> Virt_VSMigrationService.c(1135): Live migration
> Virt_VSMigrationService.c(937): Migrating Copy_RHELVM3
> Virt_VSMigrationService.c(940): Migration failed

Hi Sandeep,

Hmm.. the provider log isn't too helpful here. Are you able to migrate
the guest through libvirt using virsh?

virsh migrate --live Copy_RHELVM3 xen+ssh://HostB

Also, can you look in /var/log/messages to see if you see any libvirt
related errors?

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center