[Libvirt-cim] question about libvirt-cim testing.

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 5 11:13:36 UTC 2010

Hi Osier,

Thanks for using cimtest. Most of the failures are because of the
"Unable to parse embedded object" error.
This does not seem to be test case issue. I have seen this error with
the old libcmpiutil, but this error seems to go with latest libcmpiutil.
I have not used RHEL5.5 for testing so not sure if the packages being
used are all up to date.
Will you be able to build and install the libcmpiutil [from hg clone
http://libvirt.org/hg/libcmpiutil ] or better you can use the latest one
available @ ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt-cim/libcmpiutil-snapshot.tar.gz to
build and install it.
The build and setup instructions are given @
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Libvirt-cim_setup [ Check the Install from
Source topic]

Also, can you see if you can execute the following command without any
error:
wbemcli ei
'http://root:password@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemSettingData'
-nl