[Libvirt-cim] compiling/linking under debian/ubuntu

Ancoron Luciferis ancoron at chaoslayer.de
Thu Nov 25 23:33:39 UTC 2010

Hi *,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to build and install libvirt-cim
on one of my Ubuntu boxes.

I have all requirements met but during 'make install' I get this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
libtool: install: error: relink `libVirt_ComputerSystem.la' with the
above command before installing it
make[3]: *** [install-providerLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

Well, the mentioned library is there:

src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.a
src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.la
src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.lai
src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so
src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0
src/.libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0.0.0

Could someone help me with that as I'm not that familiar with the
details of shared library linking yet.

I attached a full output of:

make preinstall
make