[Libvirt-cim] [REWORK 0/7] Rework the controller patch series

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 22:26:59 UTC 2014

I took the "liberty" of making some adjustments based on the base
series. I have left the base code "as is" in patches 1, 3, and 6.
If I simply apply 1 & 2 and more specifically - if I modify patch 1
to just add the "break;"'s in 'do_parse()' and 'device_to_xml()', then
cimtest has "new" failures, such as:

ComputerSystem - 41_cs_to_settingdefinestate.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Exception details: KVM_SystemDevice returned 0 Logical Devices objects
ERROR   - Exception details is Failed to get SystemDevice information
CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances
Memory - 02_defgetmem.py: FAIL
ERROR   - No devices returned
ERROR   - Exception: 'int' object is not iterable
CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances
Processor - 02_definesys_get_procs.py: FAIL
ERROR   - No devices returned
ERROR   - Exception: 'int' object is not iterable
CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances
RASD - 03_rasd_errs.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Expected 6 RASDs, got 7
ResourceAllocationFromPool - 01_forward.py: FAIL
ERROR   - 7 RASD insts != 6 pool insts
ResourceAllocationFromPool - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
ERROR   - 7 RASD insts != 6 pool insts
SettingsDefine - 01_forward.py: FAIL
ERROR   - 6 device insts != 7 RASD insts
SettingsDefine - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Got 9 RASDs, expected 7
ERROR   - Failed to verify RASDs
VirtualSystemManagementService - 16_removeresource.py: FAIL
ERROR   - No devices returned
ERROR   - UnboundLocalError : local variable 'ccn' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jferlan/git/cimtest.work/suites/libvirt-cim/lib/XenKvmLib/const.py", line 141, in do_try
  rc = f()
  File "16_removeresource.py", line 95, in main
  if ccn == input:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ccn' referenced before assignment
ERROR       - None
CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances
VirtualSystemManagementService - 31_unset_netrasd.py: FAIL
ERROR   - CIMError : (1, u"CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances")
Traceback (most recent call last):
    assoc_names = cim.AssociatorNames(inst_name, AssocClass=a_class, ResultClass=r_class)
CIMError: (1, u"CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances")
ERROR   - None
VirtualSystemManagementService - 32_modify_cdrom_media.py: FAIL
ERROR   - CIMError : (1, u"CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances")
Traceback (most recent call last):
    assoc_names = cim.AssociatorNames(inst_name, AssocClass=a_class, ResultClass=r_class)
CIMError: (1, u"CIM_ERR_FAILED: Couldn't get device instances")
ERROR   - None

I haven't dug in too deeply but there's some disconnect between the new
'controller' device and other parts. It took a bit of time to just get
things where there are now - I can continue with this, but I wanted to
"share" in hopes that someone else can also look and give me some hints.
I'm hoping it's something simple and not that I have to have something
else - although I'm beginning to think I need a logical device...

I have not completed the 3 of 3 changes to manage all the new fields.
I figured I could add those eventually, but I did want to make sure I
was setting up the instance id correctly as described in the code
reviews thus far.

John Ferlan (4):
  Adjustments to patch 1/3
  Rename set_rasd_device_address
  Changes to 2/3 to support more fields
  Changes to 3 of 3 from code review

Xu Wang (3):
  libxutil: Controller Support
  RASD: Schema and Provider Support for Controller RASDs
  VSMS: Support for domains with controller devices

 libxkutil/device_parsing.c                        | 99 ++++++++++++++++++++++-
 libxkutil/device_parsing.h                        | 15 ++++
 libxkutil/xmlgen.c                                | 47 +++++++++++
 schema/ResourceAllocationSettingData.mof          | 45 +++++++++++
 schema/ResourceAllocationSettingData.registration |  1 +
 src/Virt_ElementSettingData.c                     |  1 +
 src/Virt_RASD.c                                   | 81 +++++++++++++++++--
 src/Virt_SettingsDefineState.c                    |  1 +
 src/Virt_VSSDComponent.c                          |  1 +
 src/Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c         | 70 ++++++++++++++++
 src/svpc_types.h                                  |  4 +-

1.8.5.3