[libvirt-users] [libvirt] [LXC] Tyring to locate livbvirt operations for LXC relocation

Avi Weit WEIT at il.ibm.com
Sun Apr 11 13:10:15 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

I wanted to ask on whether virDomainSave/Restore functions of libvirt are
implemented now for the LXC containers? If yes, what libivrt version should
I install please?

Thanks,
- Avi

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote on 04/02/2010 03:44:49 PM:

> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>

> Avi Weit/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL

> libvirt-users at redhat.com

> 04/02/2010 03:45 PM

> Re: [libvirt-users] [libvirt] [LXC] Tyring to locate livbvirt
> operations for LXC relocation
>
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 04:03:10PM +0200, Avi Weit wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am searching for the libvirt operations for relocating LXC (system or
> > application) containers. LXC relocation mechanism is done by
checkpoint /
> > restart. I went over libvirt API documentation and found the following
> > methods:
> >
> > virDomainSave that receives a domain and path to state file. The method
> > saves domain's memory contents into a disk file.
> > virDomainRestore that receives a domain and path to state file. The
method
> > restores the domain from the state file created by save operation.
> >
> > Are these the proper methods to use for LXC relocation? I assume I can
also
> > use the corresponding operations via virsh (save / restore)..
> >
> > >From looking into lxcDriver object (defined
under /src/lxc/xlc_driver.c in

http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
http://ovirt.org :|
http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
> |: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-  F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B
9505 :|