[libvirt-users] Default network needed?

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Sat Apr 17 02:20:25 UTC 2010

Hi list,

long(ish) time libvirt users, first time poster.

Question: Is the default network (192.168.122.0/24, NAT) created by
libvirt needed at all when guests are connected to the host's bridge
device (and not the default network)

I.e. when I have

<interface type='bridge'>
  <source bridge='br0'/>
  <model type='virtio'/>
</interface>

in my guest definition is the default network ever even used? Or can I
safely remove it?

This may be a naive or stupid question but I have not found a definitive
answer studying the documentation. Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks,

Andreas
--
Andreas Ntaflos

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4