[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [libvirt-users] connect libvirt and virtualbox



I get similar messages when I use

   virsh -c vbox:///session

It just tells you that it failed to connect to libvirtd while it was
searching for an interface and node driver. This is okay. The
connection can be used without those drivers.

Matthias

2010/4/1 angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>:
> I have installed virtualbox 3.0.14 and libvirt 0.7.0, error:
>
> libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock':
> Connection refused
> libvir: warning : Failed to find the interface: Is the daemon running ?
> libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock':
> Connection refused
> libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock':
> Connection refused
> libvir: warning : Failed to find a node driver: Is the libvirtd daemon
> running ?
>
>
> ________________________________
> Da: Matthias Bolte <matthias bolte googlemail com>
> A: angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>
> Cc: libvirt mail-list <libvirt-users redhat com>
> Inviato: Mer 31 marzo 2010, 20:43:29
> Oggetto: Re: [libvirt-users] connect libvirt and virtualbox
>
> Ah, sorry, I missed to mention that VirtualBox 3.1 support was added
> in libvirt 0.7.5.
>
> libvirt 0.7.0 supports VirtualBox 2.2 and 3.0.
>
> Matthias
>
> 2010/3/31 angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>:
>> I have installed virtualbox 3.1.6 r.59338 e libvirt 0.7.0, but i have the
>> same error...
>>
>> libvir: VBOX error : internal error unable to initialize VirtualBox driver
>> API
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "prova.py", line 5, in <module>
>>     conn = libvirt.open("vbox:///session")
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 163, in open
>>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpen() failed')
>> libvirt.libvirtError: internal error unable to initialize VirtualBox
>> driver
>> API
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> Da: Matthias Bolte <matthias bolte googlemail com>
>> A: angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>
>> Cc: libvirt mail-list <libvirt-users redhat com>; Pritesh Kothari
>> <pritesh kothari sun com>
>> Inviato: Mer 31 marzo 2010, 18:43:52
>> Oggetto: Re: [libvirt-users] connect libvirt and virtualbox
>>
>> 2010/3/31 angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>:
>>>
>>>>2010/3/31 angelo alfano <angeloalfa76 yahoo it>:
>>>>> conn = libvirt.open("vbox:///session")
>>>>>
>>>>> return this error:
>>>>>
>>>>> libvir: VBOX error : internal error unable to initialize VirtualBox
>>>>> driver
>>>>> API
>>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>   File "prova.py", line 5, in <module>
>>>>>     conn = libvirt.open("vbox:///session")
>>>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 163, in open
>>>>>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpen() failed')
>>>>> libvirt.libvirtError: internal error unable to initialize VirtualBox
>>>>> driver
>>>>> API
>>>>>
>>>>> why?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>This error basically says, that libvirt doesn't support your VirtualBox
>>>> version.
>>>>
>>>>What libvirt and VirtualBox version do you use?
>>>>
>>>>Matthias
>>>
>>>
>>> libvirt 0.7.0
>>> virtualbox 3.2
>>>
>>> Angelo
>>>
>>
>> libvirt currently supports up to VirtualBox 3.1 and needs to be
>> updated to support 3.2.
>>
>> I've CCed the VirtualBox driver maintainer.
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> libvirt-users mailing list
> libvirt-users redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libvirt-users
>


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]