[libvirt-users] libvirt on Debian - can I safely upgrade?

Thomas Lutz t.lutz at clickforknowledge.com
Sun Apr 4 20:13:11 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I'm currently using libvirt 0.4.6 from the Debian sources with 6 VMs running
and since I'm getting random crashes of one of the VMs without any logfile
entry in either host or guest (libvirt debugging not turned on as I found
out about it just today) I want to upgrade to the latest version (0.7.7 - I
guess) from Debian backports.

Is this huge upgrade safely possible with just switching sources to
backports? Or can I expect problems? Rebooting the VMs is obligatory at the
end of the upgrade?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Thomas Lutz