[libvirt-users] Libvirtd

Francesco Pretto ceztkoml at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:02:43 UTC 2010

marwen marwen <marwen.ensi at ...> writes:

> hello,
> I'm using libvirt for my project but i have some problem when we
> install it (libvirt)
> can you give me a manual for installation of libvirt and configuration
> of libvirtd
> think you so much

Hi, libvirt is packaged in every modern distribution and you shouldn't find any
difficulty in installing it by using your package management system. If you
found troubles in the default installation of libvirt you should probably report
this to the BTS of your distribution.
The default installation doesn't obviously create any virtual machine (guest, in
the terms of libvirt). I found very easy to use libvirt in conjunction with
virt-manager utils, and this ubuntu guide [1] explain how to use it exactly in
that way. There may be a similar guide for RHEL or fedora. Get the proper
networking configuration for guests is often a tricker part and I found this
page very useful [2]. Specific documents in libvirt home site and wiki may help
you in other topics.

Please moreover consider that libvirt is cool and extremely powerful (and often
easier to use from the sysadmin perspective) but there may be other
virtualizations solutions more suitable for you.

Greetings,
Francesco

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/libvirt.html
[2] http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking