Re: [libvirt-users] STP default behavior for bridged (off) and NAT (on) networking in libvirt

2010/4/16 Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com>:

> I don't believe we're recommending STP=off for bridging.

Actually STP=off is "recommended" in the wiki [1] in the ubuntu part,
and there are quotes even in the fedora RHEL parts like this:

# brctl show
 virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
 br0             8000.000e0cb30550       no              eth0

I don't know who actually wrote that document but is well written and
helpful, and "!google libvirt networking" points there, so it's just a
matter of fix imprecisions. If you agree, I'll fix the wiki later (if
is editable by anyone), recommending to set STP=on and DELAY=0 in all
cases, whatever NAT or bridging configurations are chosen.

Greetins,
Francesco