[libvirt-users] Restarting network on host completely cuts off guests. Why? How to prevent?

jeremy avnet brainsik+libvirt at saucelabs.com
Mon Apr 19 16:51:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance at redhat.com>wrote:

> Unfortunately, that is the expected behavior.  If you do:
>
> # brctl show
> # /etc/init.d/networking restart
> # brctl show

I also have this problem when I net-destroy/net-start the libvirt network in
order to load a new network definition (typically, new DHCP hosts). I made a
script which captures the br interfaces, restarts the network, then
reattaches, but it seems like there should be a way for libvirt to do this
for me since I'm restarting it's network and it's the one that plugged the
interfaces in. Is there something I'm missing?

Ubuntu 9.10 / libvirt 0.7.0.

.:. jeremy