Re: [libvirt-users] Libvirt Compilation on MS Vista

2010/4/19 Tim McLeod <tim mcleod simulamen eu>:
> Does a comprehensive set of instructions on how to compile Libvirt on a
> Microsoft Vista platform exist?  Has this ever been accomplished?  I would
> very much appreciate input from persons who can give me confidence that a
> Windows client application can be developed on top of Libviet that connects
> to a QEMU system on an Ubuntu server.  The Libvirt Windows Support page
> (http://libvirt.org/windows.html) implies the exercise is trivial.  Over the
> last three weeks of failure I have come to find this assertion extremely
> amusing.

Compiling libvirt for Windows in not very well documented. You can use
the mingw32 cross-compile toolchain provided by Fedora. I think
several people build libvirt for Windows this way.

Another option is to use MinGW and MSYS on Windows to compile libvirt
for Windows. I did that successfully.

So before I start to describe the setup/compilation process and so
on... could you describe what your current setup looks like and what
problems you're facing?

Matthias