[libvirt-users] Building & Installing on OpenSolaris

gary mazzaferro garym at oedata.com
Tue Apr 27 02:07:40 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the tip.  It got me a bit further.

Now I'm stuck on configure looking for device mapper. I don't remember this
before..

checking for DEVMAPPER... checking libdevmapper.h usability... no
checking libdevmapper.h presence... no
checking for libdevmapper.h... no
checking for dm_task_run in -ldevmapper... no
configure: error: You must install device-mapper-devel/
libdevmapper >= 1.0.0 to compile libvirt

Any suggestion besides moving to linux ?

cheers,
gary