[libvirt-users] how to Create virtual machine

Brian Roberg robergb at dm.org
Fri Aug 20 13:36:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Saravanan S <dearsaravanan at gmail.com>wrote:

Could you please guide me with some pointers or resources to get started
> with the creation of virtual machines?
>
> I am little confused with libvirt with Xen and qemu.
> how does xen or qemu related with libvirt ?

Libvirt is a toolkit that helps you make use of the virtualization
capabilities of hypervisors like xen and qemu/kvm.

The Ubuntu Server Guide begins its section on virtualization by talking
about libvirt, since it's through libvirt that you'll interact with your
virtualization system. I'd check that out for an introduction; the concepts
will be helpful even if you're using another distro:

https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/libvirt.html

--
Brian