[libvirt-users] Unable to autostart storage pool.

Sharad Mishra snmishra at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 27 21:51:09 UTC 2010

Following xml file was used to create storage pool using 'virsh pool-create
<xml>'

<pool type='dir'>
  <name>my-diskpool</name>
  <uuid>2fbc894e-7619-6cda-a33c-b27fae5fbe8b</uuid>
  <capacity>136024670208</capacity>
  <allocation>11416657920</allocation>
  <available>124608012288</available>
  <source>
    <host name='localhost'/>
  </source>
  <target>
    <path>/var/lib/libvirt/images</path>
    <permissions>
      <mode>0700</mode>
      <owner>0</owner>
      <group>0</group>
    </permissions>
  </target>
</pool>

The command succeeds and a pool is created -

# virsh pool-list --all
Name                 State      Autostart
my-diskpool          active     no

When I try to set it up for autostart, I get -

# virsh pool-autostart my-diskpool
error: failed to mark pool my-diskpool as autostarted
error: invalid argument in pool has no config file

Why is it failing to autostart?

/etc/libvirt/storage has no xml file.

Thanks
Sharad Mishra