[libvirt-users] C, C++ or Python programming tutorial/manual/guide for libvirt

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 01:52:31 UTC 2010

On 08/31/2010 11:12 AM, Lucas Arbiza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to develop an application to manage KVM virtual machines.
>
> I've been looking for something that helps me to start programming using
> libvirt in C/C++. The only one documentation I found is  in this link:
> http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html. Neither Google has helped me!
>
> That does not look like a good way to start.
>
> So, do you know some useful C, C++ or Python tutorial for libvirt?

Hi Lucas,

This is probably what you're looking for:

   http://libvirt.org/guide/html/

It's the initial parts of the "libvirt Application Developers Guide".

Although the version number in it says "0.7.5", it is being actively
worked on around other things, but is going to take a while (months)
until it's fully ready.

Does this help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift