[libvirt-users] libvirt unavailable while a VM is in migration?

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Fri Dec 17 13:00:24 UTC 2010

Did a bit more testing. I open a connection to the hypervisor from
python using:
con = libvirt.open('qemu:///system')

No call that I tried on con returns while a migration is in progress. I
tried: listDomainsID, lookupByID, getInfo, getHostname, getType.

This sort of combines with my other outstanding email, about how to use
migrateSetMaxDowntime. If I can't even get a domain object for a
migrating domain, how could I possibly set max downtime AFTER the
migration has begun?

I must be missing something crucial. Can someone please give me some
wisdom?

--Igor