[libvirt-users] libvirt unavailable while a VM is in migration?

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Fri Dec 17 16:15:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 07:00:24AM -0600, Igor Serebryany wrote:
> This sort of combines with my other outstanding email, about how to use
> migrateSetMaxDowntime. If I can't even get a domain object for a
> migrating domain, how could I possibly set max downtime AFTER the
> migration has begun?

I did some MORE testing. I obtain a domain object to a domain in two
separate python processes. I begin migrating the domain in one of these
processes, and then I call migrateSetMaxDowntime() on the domain in the
other process. Unsurprisingly, the call is blocked and does not return
until the migration finished. At that point it returned 0, but I have no
idea whether the call had any impact on the running migration.

Even more confused about how this is supposed to work now,
--Igor