[libvirt-users] Error creating a new vm

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 02:09:04 UTC 2010

于 2010年12月20日 04:48, Anthony Davis 写道:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help me with this, I have been trying to get a vm up and running for a while now and cant for the life of me work out why it isnt working. The errors I get arnt very helpful and im at a loss as how to debug this any further.
>
> Here is the command and output that I get...(Also nothing shows up with virsh list --all after so its starting to install then dropping out)
>
> Hope someone can help. Thanks!
>
> [root at server ~]# /usr/bin/virt-install -n test01 -r 512 --os-variant=virtio26 -l http://172.16.0.100/iso/centos-5.5/ --nographics --noautoconsole --disk path=/dev/vg_storage/test01, bus=virtio -w bridge:br0 -x "console=ttyS0 ks=http://172.16.0.100/ks/ks-vm.cfg" -d -v
Hi, Anthony

Which libvirt version do you use? If I'm right, it should be
caused by a recent patch.

     /* wait for qemu process to to show up */
     if (ret == 0) {
         if (virFileReadPid(driver->stateDir, vm->def->name, &vm->pid)) {
             qemuReportError(VIR_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR,
                             _("Domain %s didn't show up\n"),
vm->def->name);
             ret = -1;
         }
#if 0
     } else if (ret == -2) {
         /*
          * XXX this is bogus. It isn't safe to set vm->pid = child
          * because the child no longer exists.
          */

         /* The virExec process that launches the daemon failed. Pending on
          * when it failed (we can't determine for sure), there may be
          * extra info in the domain log (if the hook failed for example).
          *
          * Pretend like things succeeded, and let 'WaitForMonitor' report
          * the log contents for us.
          */
         vm->pid = child;
         ret = 0;
#endif
     }

could you check your guest log, and also libvirtd log?

/var/log/libvirt/qemu/$guest.log
/var/log/messages

Regards
Osier