[libvirt-users] VMware ESX 4.0 won't reboot guests.

Patric Falinder patric.falinder at omg.nu
Tue Dec 28 10:49:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just compiled libvirt with ESX support. I can login just fine, list
all the guests/domains but when I try to reboot or shutdown one of my
guests/domains I get this error:

virsh # reboot dbcluster1
error: Failed to reboot domain dbcluster1
error: internal error HTTP response code 500 for call to 'RebootGuest'.
Fault: ServerFaultCode - fault.RestrictedVersion.summary

And nothing happens.
I'm logged in as root so it shouldn't be any permission-related problems
right!? because I can reboot it just fine with the vSpehere Client on
one of my Windows boxes.

In vSpehere I see this in Recent Tasks after I execute the reboot command:
Find entity by UUID

I can't find anything about this on Google either.

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks,
-Patric