[libvirt-users] virt-manager can't start

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 04:19:26 UTC 2010

From: Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>

To: Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com>
Cc: libvirt-users at redhat.com
Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 10:25:28 AM
Subject: Re: [libvirt-users] virt-manager can't start

- snip -

> Yeah, that's the row I mean. If it opens and shows VMs, sounds like that is
> what you want. It might not be asking for root passwd twice because it is
> caching the auth credentials: depends on what policykit version is installed.

> virt-manager only asks for the root passwd to connect to the libvirt qemu
> driver: sounds like it is doing that, so not sure if there is something else
> you want.

Hi Cole,

I have 2 Virtual Machines here, both running KVM as virtualizer.

Virtual Machine-1
Host - Fedora 12
KVM
libvirt

Vitural Machine-2
Host - Debian 5.0
KVM
libvirt

Previously on Genom desktop of both machines
Applications -> System Tools -> Virtual Machine Manager

starts 2 windows:-

Virtual Machine Manager
Name
localhost (QEMU) - connecting

and
Authenticate
Password for root

After entering root password -> Authenticate

changes;

Virtual Machine Manager
Name
localhost (QEMU)
vm01
vm02
vm03

For unknown accident/cause Virtual Machine-2 (Debian 5.0) changes;

Applications -> System Tools -> Virtual Machine Manager

starts only 1 window, without Authenticate window asking for root password.

Virtual Machine Manager
Name
localhost
vm01
vm02
vm03

I don't know why?  How can I change it back to its original state?

TIA

B.R.
Stephen