[libvirt-users] error: unable to connect to libvirtd at 'a.b.c.d': Connection refused

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:17:09 UTC 2010

2010/2/11 antonela_other at yahoo.com <antonela at comcast.net>:
> Thank you Matthias.
>

> I addressed the issues that you mentioned below.
>
> Now i have my libvirt built for esx.
>
> I followed the instructions http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_TLS_CA to
> generate the CA key/cert and client key/cert.
>

> However, the connect still fails, with "error: internal error
> curl_easy_perform() returned an error: Peer certificate cannot be
> authenticated with known CA certificates (60)".

This has nothing to to with the  libvirtd certificates. The ESX
support doesn't involve libvirtd.

This error should tell you that libcurl can't verify the ESX server
side SSL certificate used for HTTPS. The simple solution is to disable
the server certificate verification

virsh -c esx://a.b.c.d/?no_verify=1

See http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-December/msg00757.html
for some details. I'll add a FAQ section to
http://www.libvirt.org/drvesx.html about this basic connection issues,
because several people seem to hit this problems when trying to use
libvirt with ESX.

Matthias