[libvirt-users] virt-manager can't start

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 13:45:17 UTC 2010

On 02/03/2010 09:23 PM, Stephen Liu wrote:
> [...]

Firstly, delete ~/.virt-manager, and let the app create it with correct
permissions. Second, make sure libvirtd is installed and running. Finally,
when virt-manager is running, make sure it is connecting to the qemu:///system
connection: there should be a row name 'qemu' in the main window, right click
-> connect. This should ask for the root password.

If the qemu row isn't there for some reason, you can use File->Open Connection
to connect.

- Cole