[libvirt-users] virt-manager and openvz

Angel Bosch Mora angbosch at conselldemallorca.net
Mon Feb 15 07:54:39 UTC 2010

----- "Cole Robinson" <crobinso at redhat.com> ha escrit:

> On 02/12/2010 07:51 AM, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > on main page of libvirt i can see that there's support for OpenVZ.
> >
> > how can i connect with virt-manager to an OpenVZ machine?
> >

> You'll have to specify the libvirt URI via the virt-manager command
> line:
>
> virt-manager --connect URI --debug

how must be URI formed? can you provide an example?

can i connect to physical server or just to VEs?

i've tried

virt-manager --debug --connect openvz:///almallutx

virt-manager --debug --connect openvz://almallutx

virt-manager --debug --connect openvz+ssh://almallutx

without any success

> But I doubt many people have tried using virt-manager with openvz, so
> you may hit bugs. I'd be interested in any problems you encounter
> though.

i'll do that.

abosch