[libvirt-users] location of network xml files

carlos campderrós gilipollas.desconcertante at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 23:33:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Ubuntu 9.04 (libvirt 0.6.1-0ubuntu5.1) I have 2 different network files:

root at sauron:~# ls -l `locate default.xml`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  14 2010-02-13 12:34
/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml -> ../default.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 373 2010-03-01 00:02
/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml
-rw------- 1 root root 319 2010-03-01 00:04
/var/lib/libvirt/network/default.xml

Modifications I do on the /etc file are ignored (I'd like to modify the dhcp
range and set fixed ips to VM mac addresses). I don't understand why this
file is there, as it seems ignored by everything, and why the autostart
symlink points to it instead of the /var/lib/libvirt one.

Is it reasonable to symlink (or hardlink if possible) one file to the other?
Or to remove the /etc file and point the autostart to the /var file? Also,
does the autostart do something? because it's pointing to the ignored file.

thanks,
carlos.

--
Si no puedes deslumbrar con tu sabiduría,
desconcierta con tus gilipolleces