[libvirt-users] [libvirt] Set MAC address for host virtual interface?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Jan 15 15:34:37 UTC 2010

Daniel:

This discussion used to be on the libvirt list, but seems
more appropriate for the users list so I am replying here.

> At some time in the past we did set the MAC address on the
> host interface
> too, but it caused networking problems in some configurations

I see.  Thanks for the background info.

> I guess you have Cacti configured to pull stats directly from the TAP
> devices on the host ?

I am using bridging, but you are correct.  I installed snmpd and
have Cacti pulling stats from it.

> Cacti has the ability to run scripts to pull
> in statistics, so my recommendation would be to add a shell script which
> calls the 'domifstat' command in virsh
>    virsh domifstat DOMNAME TAPDEVNAME

The Cacti server is running in a separate machine, not on the host.
I guess I will have to find something that makes the domifstat data
available via an snmp interface.

Do you know of such a tool?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
CentOS 5.4 VPS with unmetered bandwidth only $25/month!