[libvirt-users] KVM virtio bonding bandwidth problem

Didier Moens Didier.Moens at dmbr.vib-UGent.be
Fri Jan 22 13:45:29 UTC 2010

Thank you for your swift answer, Daniel.

On 21/01/10 14:53, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> You don't mention whether you've configured jumboframes on the NICs ? If you

Enabling jumbo frames on all interfaces does not seem to make a difference.

>   net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0
>   net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0
>   net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0

The sysctl's were already set to 0.

> That all said, i'm not too familiar with best practice recommendations for
> KVM virtio networking, so you might like you post your questions to the
> kvm-devel mailing list too where more of the experts are likely to see it

I'll cross-post to kvm at vger, and - for the archive's sake - post
appropriate feedback back here.

Regards,
Didier

Didier Moens                                            IT services
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research (DMBR)
VIB - Ghent University
Fiers-Schell-Van Montagu Research Building
Technologiepark 927 , B-9052 Zwijnaarde , Belgium
tel ++32(9)3313605  fax ++32(9)3313609
mailto:Didier.Moens at dmbr.vib-UGent.be      http://www.dmbr.UGent.be