[libvirt-users] monitor option in libvirt ?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 12:58:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 01:52:13PM +0100, Riccardo Veraldi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I woudl liek to start qemu-kvm with -monitor myfile.pipe options
> instead of default -monitor pty
>
> Anyway I have not found any way to tell libvirt (using virsh) that I
> want to set a specific
> -monitor option to the qemu-kvm command line.
> How can I do this ?

libvirt controls the monitor interface so it can manage the guest while it
is running.  As such we don't give users access to it, since having two
different things changing the running guest state is a recipe for trouble

Why do you need to acess the monitor directly ?  Our goal is to expose
APIs for any monitor command that users would need to use in administrative
tasks

Regards,
Daniel