[libvirt-users] monitor option in libvirt ?

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Jan 26 19:33:27 UTC 2010

because I wold like to do this:

1) start qemu-kvm and redirect the monitor to a named pipe called let's
say my.pipe

2) write into the named pipe with a script when I want to take a
snapshot, somthing like:

    echo "savevm mysnapshot">my.pipe

bascally I need to be able to access the monitor to issue a savevm
command because I want to take
a snapshot of my qcow2 images.

How could I do it otherwise ?

thank you