[libvirt-users] ESXi support

Guido Winkelmann guido-libvi at unknownsite.de
Sat Jul 3 11:09:28 UTC 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 02:39:56 adrian wyssen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to use libvirt to manage an Vmware ESXi 4.0 server from within a
> virtual machine running on that server. I did not find any C examples using
> ESX(i). Can anyone give me some example code, because I am really new in
> this domain and I can't get started... I don't find any information about
> using libvirt with ESX(i), even if it is supposed to work with it.

See this page:

http://libvirt.org/drvesx.html

Basically, you just use "esx" as the protocol in the uri to connect to.

The rest /should/ work as with any any other backend driver, though last time
I tried that, it didn't yet have any support for creating volumes, which made
the whole thing useless in practice for me.

	Guido