[libvirt-users] Blockpeek.. A little help please

steven765 at yahoo.com steven765 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 00:47:37 UTC 2010

Hi,
   I'm trying to use blockpeek to open the contents of a file.  Inside the vm i ran debugfs: imap /test/findme   and got: inode 32642 is part of block group 4 located at block 131074, offset 0x0100

I try using 0x100 or 256 as the offset to blockpeek into that VM and get nonsense as a result.

Am I calculating the offset incorrectly, is there a better way to find a file's location on disk? And then open it?

I'm just printing the return as a string from the buffer looping over size.  Is that incorrect?
Thanks again,
Steve