[libvirt-users] C API example

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Thu Jul 1 01:34:12 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 11:12 AM, steven765 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Trying to build the hellolibvirt example.  I get the project to
> compile okay but when I try to run it I get:
>
> Unable to connect to '/usr/local/var/run/libvirt/libivrt-sock
>
> Given libvirt --status says it's in /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
> that makes sense.  How do I make the git version run with my local
> copy?

At the moment (still learning things), this works for me:

   $ ./configure --prefix=/
   $ make

I don't (!) do "make install" afterwards though, as that would likely
install over the top of system provided things.

It does let me connect to the libvirtd daemon using the newly compiled
virsh (shell utility) though:

   $ sudo tools/virsh

Hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,