[libvirt-users] C API example

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 18:06:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 07:37:27PM -0700, steven765 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I think so, but I'm locked out at home. I'll have to try at school tomorrow.  It gave me a remote error, but with the correct directory so fingers crossed thanks!
>
> btw might you or anyone know what I have to include to start a clean project of my own?  So if I want to just build an application that uses the API with nothing else but what's necessary?

If you're talking about a C application, you're pretty much describing
hellolibvirt.  I tried to put enough in there to demonstrate a couple
of different calls, but hopefully not so much that it's overwhelming.
If it seems like there's a lot there, cut some of it out.  You don't
need the showDomains function, for example.  Remove it, compile and
see what happens.

Dave