[libvirt-users] kvm migration problem

mahsa najafzadeh mahsa.najafzadeh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:37:28 UTC 2010

 Hi,

I am running ubuntu 9.10, with kvm and libvirt-bin, etc. Using virsh, I
can't live-migrate a VM from host1 to host2. It reports a unknown failure.
The VM image is accessible on both source and destination hosts located on a
shared storage using nfs. Image directory is on the same path on both hosts.
The src and destination hosts are on the same subnet. I can connect to
remote host with qemu+ssh but I can't migrate.

my configuration is:

$ uname -a

Linux mahsa1-desktop 2.6.31-21-generic-pae #59-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 24
08:47:55 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

$virsh # version

Compiled against library: libvir 0.7.0

Using library: libvir 0.7.0

Using API: QEMU 0.7.0

Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.11.0

Connect to the local machine's hypervisor as follows and see the
localmachines:$virsh # connect qemu:///system

$virsh # list

Id Name State

--------------------------------

2 VmLinux11 running

3 VMLinux12 running

4 VmLinux13 running

 Verify connectivity to the hypervisor of the remote target system
asfollows:$virsh connect qemu+ssh://host2name/system
 Attempt the migration as follows:$virsh migrate --live VmLinux13
qemu+ssh://host2name/system
Connecting to uri: qemu:///system
root at host2name's password:
error: Unknown failure
the log file on the source physical host gives this:14:57:13.514:
error : remoteIO:7184 : operation failed: migrate failed: migrate
"tcp:host2name:49161"
migration failed

14:57:13.709: error : remoteIO:7184 : Unknown failure

 I disable the firewall on both hosts but it doesn't still work. please help me.