[libvirt-users] Dual-boot and also use raw disk in virtual machine

Richard Walker walkerrichardj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:04:48 UTC 2010

On 2 June 2010 13:18, Richard Walker <walkerrichardj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will take a note of the drivers that are currently installed, then
> do another fresh "native" install and try to add the extra drivers
> manually.

I went through Device Manager and made a note of all the
filenames of all the drivers.  Then I did the fresh "native"
install.  It turned out that that installed all the filenames
I'd written down (plus many others).  But rebooting into
F13 and starting Win 7 as a virtual machine gave the same
symptoms as before.  :-(

> Is there any significance to the apparently "broken" partition table
> entries?  Probably yes . . . I will do some more investigation of
> that too.

It seems that even though sfdisk says there is strangeness,
the partition table still "works".