[libvirt-users] Functionality of virsh net-edit

Arseny Klimovsky arseny.klimovsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 07:37:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using version libvirt on debian lenny from backports repository,
version 0.7.6-1~bpo50+1, amd64.

Th functionality of "virsh net-edit" command is not very clearly
documented, and I think it should change a configuration of a running
network. But I see it doesn't.
So, I want to add new host, for example:

#I have old configuration
root at xxx:/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks# virsh net-edit default
Network default XML configuration edited.
#Here I added new line: new host definition

root at xxx:/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks# cat default.xml
#Here I see that new line

root at xxx:/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks# virsh net-dumpxml default
root at xxx:/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks# virsh net-edit default
#Here I see exactly the old network definition

Is this behaviour expected?

If yes, how to just add new host on a running network?

--
Arseny Klimovsky